mount Toubkal trek- 5 days-4 nights
5 days mount toubkal overview:
MT. Toubkal is the highest peak in North Africa with a summit of 4167m/13,600 ft. The Toubkal trek allows stunning views of the Atlas Mountains, Berber Villages, and verdant green valleys. It is a great adventure for 3 days of trekking, was designed for keen walkers who want to mix a bit of backcountry into their Moroccan adventure. The Mount Toubkal trek is non-technical and involves uphill hiking, some easy scrambling, and snow slopes. The views from the summit of Toubkal are amazing as you can see across the mountains to Marrakech to the north and the start of the Sahara desert to the south. Our trail will lead you to explore the Azzadene and Wawgant valley, which is two main valleys of the Atlas tucked between the high peaks of Toubkal. Plus, this trail avoids the heavily trekked approach and avoids going up and down the same way.
- Duration: 5 days/4nights
- LEVEL: Medium to Hard
- BEST PERIOD: April through late September
- LUGGAGE: Carried by mules
- TRANSPORT: Tourist van / 4wd car
- Accommodations: Lodge – Gîte d’étape -Riad
- Guiding: English-speaking guide, CFAMM-certified mountain.
Note: From November to April this trek requires crampons and ice axes.
Mount toubkal trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival
Welcome by our driver at Marrakech airport. Drive to your Hotel/Riad
Optional activities: 3 hours guided tour in the Medina, Camel riding, Quad biking. Meals included: Dinner
Day 2: Marrakech to Imlil Valley – Trekking to Azib Tamsoult ( Azzaden Valley)
In the early morning, we transfer you from Marrakech to Imlil at 5,800ft Where we meet our Mules/multeers team. We will start a 6-hour hike in Imlil Valley and into the Azzadene Valley, on the way you will pass Tizi N’Mzik 8,805 feets alt refuge at Azib n’Tamsoult, and the Ighouliden waterfalls. We’ll stay overnight in Azib n Tamsoult mountain refuge at 9,800 ft.
Duration: 1h30 hours drive + 6 hours walk Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Accommodation: Refuge
Day 3: Azib N Tamsoult – Tizi n Aguelzim- Toubkal refuge (10521 feet)
The day begins with a stiff climb hiking out of the Azzaden Valley to the Toubkal Refuge over the Aguelzim Mountain pass at 11,679 feet. We will have lunch at a spectacular viewpoint over the Atlas Mountain range. We will overnight in the Toubkal Refuge where you’ll likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning.
Duration: 6 hours walk
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Accommodation: Refuge
Day 4: Toubkal refuge –Toubkal Summit- Imil valley – Marrakech
We wake up early for the climb to the Toubkal peak at 13,000ft. If the Clouds allowing, there will be wonderful views to the Atlas range and the Sahara Desert, It is truly awesome. We go back down the way we came to the the refuge. Follow the well- worn path to Chamharouch, on the way we will stop to enjoy a peaceful lunch prepared by our team. Later on, we continue to Imlil where we meet our Drive and drive back to Marrakech.
You will normally be dropped off at around 5 pm in Marrakech.
Duration: 6-7 hours walk + 1h30 drive Meals: Breakfast and Lunch Accommodation: Riad
5th day : Departure
The price if depending on the season, number of people, and number of rooms. Let us know here
- Comfortable 4wd car, Bus with professional English-speaking drive
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Mules for luggage
- Full board for 3 days (Except dinner on the last day)
- Drinking water
- 2 Nights accommodation (warm refuges with dinner included)
- 2 Nights in Marrakech Riad
- Drop off at Marrakech airport on the 5th day
- Travel insurance
- Tips (For muleteers, Driver and guides)
- Soft drinks
- Personal expenses
- ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
To know about Mount Toubkal trek
Accommodations for the trek:
- 1st night in Marrakech: Palais des princes
- 2nd night in Azib N Tamsoult: Refuge Tamsoult
- 3rd Night in Toubkal: Refuge Toubkal
- 4th Night in Marrakech: Riad Palais des Princes
Options activities in Marrakech:
- 3 hours guided tour in the Medina/ 30€ Per person (doesn’t include the inference fees but only professional local guide)
- Camel riding: 40€ per person including transportation
- Quad biking: 50€ per person including transportation