10 days birdwatching vacation in Morocco
Begin an exciting 10 days birdwatching vacation in Morocco, a nation noted for its varied landscapes and high richness of avian species. You will travel green via the High Atlas Mountains on this streamlined route, where you will see mountain species like the African Blue Tit and Atlas Horned Lark. Discover Agadir’s coastline beauties and Souss Massa National Park, which is home to the endangered Northern Bald Ibis and Marbled Teal. Discover the attraction of the Sahara Desert while looking for rare desert animals like the Cream-colored Courser and Desert Sparrow. Explore the beautiful Middle Atlas Mountains while keeping an eye out for Barbary Partridge and Atlas Flycatcher. This sustainable green travel experience provides a once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore Morocco’s avian treasures under the guidance of skilled specialist drivers/guides and breathtaking landscapes.
Morocco Birdwatching vacation overview:
- Duration: 10 days tour/ 9 nights
- Departure: Marrakech or Casablanca
- Arrival: Casablanca
- Accommodations: Eco-friendly
- Transport: Comfortable 4wd car or bus depends on the number of people
Highlights: Birdwatching tour highlights
- Marrakech Medina
- High Atlas mountains
- Souss Massa national park
- Erg Chigaga
- Draa valley
- Jbel Saghro
- Dades valley
Itinerary: Morocco birdwatching vacation
1st day: Marrakech or Casablanca Arrival
Welcome to Morocco!
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel in Marrakech at GeenlifeMarrakech
Enjoy a day of relaxation and cultural sightseeing exploration in the city.
Day 2-3: High Atlas mountains
- Embark on a journey to the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit locations for bird watching include Oukaimeden Valley and Toubkal National Park over the course of two days.
- Look for mountain species including the African Blue Tit, Levaillant’s Green Woodpecker, and Atlas Horned Lark.
- Enjoy your green eco-friendly accommodation at Douar Samra
Day 4-5: Taroudante and Souss Massan national park
- Cross Tizi N Test one of the beautiful Mountain roads in the High Atlas
- Visit the Souss Massa National Park by going to Taroudante.
- Lunch break in Taroudante
- Discover the park’s marshes, estuaries, and coastal regions over the course of two days.
- Keep an eye out for rare species including the Northern Bald Ibis, Marbled Teal, Audouin’s Gull, and more.
- 2 nights at Ksar Massa Hotel
Day 6 – 7: Birdwatching in the Sahara desert
- Drive to the famous Erg Chigaga wild Sahara desert
- Spend two days visiting the neighboring surroundings, dunes, and desert oases.
- Search for desert-dwelling birds such as Egyptian Nightjars, Cream-colored Coursers, and Desert Sparrows.
Day 8: Erg Chigaga – Draa Valley – Nkob
- Off-road driving from Erg Chigaga dunes to Draa Valley
- Stop by the Draa region to explore the
- Search for some desert birds such as Desert Sparrow, Black-crowned Tchagra, Brown-necked Raven, Greater Hoopoe-Lark, Desert Lark, and Barbary Falcon
- Optional activity: Cooking class at Nkob Village
- Night at: Kasbah Baha Baha
Day 9: Tgdilt track and Dades Valley birdwatching
- Drive through the Jebel Saghro Mountains via Tizi N Tzazert
- Enjoy some panoramic pictures on the way
Bird watching at Tagdilt Track will give you a chance to spot The beautiful black and white mourning wheatear, the desert lark, Temminck’s horned lark, the cream-colored courser, and a few other species.
- Drive to Dades Valley where you can have lunch and a walk with your driver/guide to explore more of the green park of the valley.
- Night at
Day 10: Transfer to Marrakech for your departure
Your birdwatching vacation in Morocco will end at the Airport of Marrakech.